How’s it going? February treating everybody well? So far in St. Louis, we’ve been snowed in so many times this year that I’m side-eyeing 2014 pretty hard. Other people have it worse, of course, so I can’t complain too much.
Just wanted to update you on a few things. If you only check this blog and don’t follow me on Tumblr or Twitter, you may have missed this, but…I’m going to be published. A [MUMBLE MUMBLE] publishing agency has offered me a two-book deal based on a manuscript I submitted 15 months ago.
Here’s what I can tell you:
- I kind of have an agent. She seems awesome, despite my doing everything I possibly can to scare her away.
- Agent and Editor have the same first name, which is hilarious to me.
- I am freaking out on so many levels. There were actual tears. There is always the constant threat of tears. I have been dreaming of this since 1996. I feel like I am allowed to break down in disbelieving tears every ten minutes, okay?
- Who’s publishing the book.
- What the book’s about.
- When the book is coming out.
- My official author name, though I totally will. Even if it’s just me going, ‘HEY SO AND SO SEEMS PRETTY COOL AND WRITES A LOT LIKE ME NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE.’
- The book’s title.
Let’s be real: it’s going to break down into two hundred pictures of my dog sneering at the snow. And otters and wombats.
In other news, I’m working on completing the Greater universe. We’re four chapters into That Which is Greater: Winter Break. Some of you will recognize the latest chapter, as it’s the giant snowball fight I posted a couple of years back, edited for clarity. When that story’s done, I’ll release the ebook, happily.
What’s new with everybody else?