Anyway, I got bored and I have chapter 49 sitting on my hard drive. mxpw will be the first person to tell you that I get antsy if I sit on a chapter for too long. But I don't want to post it yet. So...what is a girl to do? Oh, that's right. Contest!
In Chapter 50, I will be using two songs. Not saying in what capacity or anything, just that they're both songs I like. Since I know we're a bunch of music nerds and people seem to like Fates, I thought I'd offer it up as a contest. So your contest: Guess the song.
- I played it in marching band.
- The singer's first and last name are both first names.
- It's obscure, but when I think of this singer's name, I also think of a polka-dotted bowtie. Take that how you will (it doesn't mean said singer actually wore a polka-dotted bowtie).
- Said singer's name is used in the movie Dave.
- The song was inspired by a case of mistaken identity.
- It also may or may not make me think of Adam Baldwin's first movie.
- Has been used on Chuck, pretty early on.
- I have met one of the singers (he has a place in Colorado). I was taller than him (this is rare).
- It is four years older than Song #1.
- In the year it was released, it reached Billboard Hot 100 number one single.
- I have two songs of this title on my computer, different songs by different singers.
- Referenced in Scrubs episode My Bed Banter and Beyond.
I figure those clues are nice and vague! First one to guess either Song #1 or Song #2 gets to read first three pages or so of Fates 49!
PS — please keep one guess per song to each comment.