There’s loads to tell, but if I start from the beginning, we’ll be here for ages, so here are some highlights:
- Prague – gorgeous
- Vienna – gorgeous
- Zagreb – Really fun!
- Dubrovnik – Second most gorgeous place I have ever been.
- Split – covered in graffiti but surprisingly fun.
- I am not in a Hungarian prison, though we came closer to that possibility than I would have liked. We were taking a train from Vienna to Zagreb, with a three-hour stop in Budapest to explore, and apparently if you buy your tickets online, you need to get them stamped at the station. And given that we used roughly four different types of currency on this trip, we liked to not travel with too much of it. Luckily, there was an angel named Gabriela in our train compartment, who lent us money to buy tickets on the train, but to that conductor who probably took advantage of the fact that we didn’t know the language: there’s a strong possibility you are a dick, sir.
- Yes, if you saw the pictures of Lucky’s leg, we were not exaggerating: she hurt her knee and her ankle (same leg) and we got really good at navigating pharmacies in other languages.
- Crumby is delightful and stylish and insanely fun to be around. Best part, I don’t think we came across as too weird, though she might disagree. She brought us delicious French candy and I definitely failed on my side of the bargain by giving her Red Vines in return, which all French people agree is a “weird candy.” She was also there on the day that we did the most walking on the trip, I think.
- I may be in love with opera now, though I really, really need to go look up the plot to Carmen, guys. They had little translation boxes, but seeing as they were giving us two lines for twenty minutes of song, I think we missed….80% of the play. Which is in French. And is about Spain. I…don’t even know. But doing the standing room only tickets was an amazing experience that I would repeat in a heartbeat…perhaps not on the same day that I walked all over the Hofburg palace, though.
- The Museum of Broken Relationships in Zagreb is even more delightful than promised, and I am so glad I worked that into a fanfic. Also, we were trying to navigate to it and a random woman on the street named Snow White (Snjeguljica in Croatian) walked with us until we found the museum. She was pretty awesome. I’m sad I never got a picture of her hat, which was amazing.
- Our view off of the terrace in Dubrovnik was of the Adriatic and some sailboats. You really couldn’t beat that with a stick.
- For some reason, I got upgraded to business class for our trip back. That was nice. Lucky, however, was stuck back in Coach, so you should all send her candy or something.
Anyway, there’s dozens more stories to tell, and I will no doubt tell some of them over time. I hope everybody enjoyed their postcards and I’m sorry if I missed anything amazing. Have I missed anything amazing? Let me know in the comments!