So this week, I was having a blast on Twitter. Well, first, I should explain something. There are two principles at work here that you need to know.
The first principle is twofold: I can make an alternate version/ending to any story, and I get about three major story ideas a week.
The second principle is something mxpw and I have talked about a lot, in that Chuck and Sarah's story is timeless. It transcends the modern age, even though Chuck is a computer nerd and Sarah likes her creature comforts. I mean, you only have to go to the section to find that out. Of the many fanfictions, there's a few set in the wild west, a few fantasy settings, so and so forth. The love story transcends all, and the characters are actually extremely malleable.
With that in mind, the other day, I dreamed up a really, really interesting (to me, anyway) AU, and then tweeted about it on the Twitter. A few of my readers joked that I come up with too many stories, and perhaps proving them right, I jotted down a few adaptations. I've listed them here, for your viewing pleasure. Some of them were submitted by others.
Hit the break, and enjoy!
1) The Tourist. Sad from his breakup with Lou, Intersectless Chuck tours Europe thanks to tickets paid for by exasperated Ellie. When he meets CIA agent Sarah on a train, things get tricky.
2) Never Back Down. New girl Jenny Burton has to fight for love in an underground high school fight club. Will she succeed in standing up to the school bully Jill Roberts and protecting her new best friend, Lou?
3) Red. The team gets back together when Casey falls in love with a telemarketer in KC and must prevent VP from killing them all.
4) The Bodyguard. When Chuck’s software firm goes huge, he hires ex-CIA agent Sarah Walker as bodyguard. Chemistry ensues.
5) The Adjustment Bureau. See Fates Impose, What.
6) Ocean’s 11. Charah and crew of lovable misfits must swindle bad guys in a hilarious manner. Done by the fantastic Moonlight Pilot.
7) Fringe. Chuck and Sarah are Olivia Dunham’s unknowing parents, but how the hell did this happen? The words “temporal anomaly” come into play.
9) Bourne Identity. Chuck wakes up in the Mediterranean with no memory, Sarah is a drifting, feckless German looking to avoid her past.
10) Weird Science. Morgan and Chuck create the perfect woman: Sarah Walker.
11) The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes ...and they were Chuck Taylors.
12) Breakfast Club. Nerd Bryce, Prep Sarah, Weird Morgan, Jock Casey, and Angry-at-World-cos-Dad-Left Chuck spend a Saturday in detention. Self-actualization and pot ensue.
13) Stripes. Chuck and Morgan accidentally blow up DI Casey at Basic, win over MPs Sarah and Alex respectively.
14) My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Intersectless Chuck proposes to Sarah Walker, discovers the Spy Life is all Greek to him.
15) Big. Morgan makes wish, grows up, works for toy company, falls for Elizabeth Perkins, and then never has to mature ever.
16) Psych. Chuck uses Intersect/fakes being psychic to drive Detectives Walker and Casey nuts along with sidekick Morgan.
17) Escape from New York. Chuck Plesskin must break John Casey out of prison. Eyepatches are sexy. BDaddyDL
18) Back to the Future. Orion accidentally sends his son back in time/Chuck prevents Frost from leaving.
19) The Sting. After Chuck’s partner Big Mike is killed by somebody they swindled, Jack Burton takes Chuck under his wing.
20) Star Wars. Chuck’s a farmboy setting out to save Princess Ellie from the Evil Fulcrum, along with kickass Sarah Jade. Done by Wepdiggy, with different roles.
21) Charade. When Chuck’s girlfriend is murdered, he has to decide whether or not to trust a mysterious stranger with many names.
22) Misery. Kathy Bates is a fan of Chuck...and she does not like Season Three. Look out, Schwedak.
23) Star Trek. Captain Casey and his continuing adventures with Mr. Carmichael, Lieutenant Walker, and Dr. "Bones" Awesome.
24) The Office. Well-meaning slacker Chuck secretly carries a torch for Secretary Sarah while dealing with their crazy bosses and wooden coworkers, like Shaw. Morgan stars as the Nard Dog.
25) Dirty Dancing. Dance instructor Sarah falls for her nerdy student/savior. “Nobody puts Bartowski in a corner!” catrogue
26) Dick Tracy. Detective Chuck and his sweetheart Sarah discover that No Face just means no expression with Shaw.
27) Spaced. Underemployed Chuck and Sarah fake being a couple in order to move into shared flat. The neighbors are insane. Ayefah
28) The Island. Clones Chuck and Sarah figure out something is off about their utopian society, and flee to find their donors.
29) Italian Job. After Shaw guns down Jack Burton, Jack’s daughter and protege (Chuck) gather a crew for revenge. And yes, the crew for The Italian Job would be Awesome Devon, John "Trigger Finger" Casey, and Morgan "The Real Cheez-Whiz" Grimes.
30) Rear Window. With a broken leg/time on his hands, Chuck discovers that neighbor Sarah may be more mysterious than he thought. PeterO
31) Half Baked. Morgan accidentally kills a police horse, and Chuck, Sarah, and Casey have to sell pot to post his bail. Hijinks ensue. Wepdiggy
32) Teeth. We all knew Sarah had to have some ulterior motive for getting intimate with Shaw. Wepdiggy.
33) Caddyshack. Chuck Bartowski is in a bind. He needs a scholarship to get into Stanford, and now his on-again, off-again love interest, lifeguard Sarah is pregnant. How will he win the caddy tournament to earn that scholarship? Well with the help of Pierce, of course. Wepdiggy
34) Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure. In danger of failing, Chuck and Morgan take a phone booth to the past (and meet gladiator Sarah). It’s all that and a waterpark, too.
35) The Wiz. Chuck, Michael Jackson, and Diana Ross dance down the Yellow Brick Road.
36) Friends. Chuck and Sarah love each other. No, they hate each other. No they love each other. Nope, hate each other. Oh, and everyone else drinks coffee and does little else.
37) West Side Story. It’s the Buy More and the Large Mart against each other, and yes, there will be snapping of fingers and the merriest of dancing.
38) Chuck McGuire. Sports agent Chuck Bartowski has a near mental break, then tries to piece his life back together with love interest Sarah, and his one client: star tight end Devon Woodcomb. "Show me the money, bro." Wepdiggy
39) Shrek. Ogre Chuck and Donkey Morgan must go save Princess Sarah from the Dragon (Casey) to get Chuck’s land back, and then they have to save her from the evil Prince Shaw.
40) The Whole Nine Yards. Chuck is a clean-cut dentist, who never dreamed of doing something illegal. That is, until his wife Jill tries to have him killed. Then Chuck hooks up with hitman John "Angel of Death" Casey, Casey’s former partner in crime Sarah Walker, and his crazy dental assistant Anna Wu to try to save everyone. Except the baddies. Wepdiggy
41) Super Troopers. Chuck, Morgan, Jeffster, Big Mike, and Skip Johnson solve murders, and eventually win over local police officer, Sarah, when they uncover a conspiracy.
42) Forgetting Sarah Marshall. See Greater, That Which Is.
43) My Super Ex-Girlfriend. Chuck breaks up with AP. Things do not go well. Wepdiggy
44) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. EVERYONE GOES TO LACUNA TO GET SHAW ERASED FROM THEIR HEAD> Chris
So yeah, that's just a few plots that could be Chuckified. Anybody willing to throw out any other ideas? Your brilliant plot may strike another writer's sweet spot and inspire a whole story, you know!